With so much yoga information out in the world we have put together some simple useful articles, links and information in regards to the practice and methodology of Iyengar yoga. We will be updating regularly.
- Marrickville Yoga Centre Online Beginners Course 6 part online video series of our Beginners Course
- The Magic & Mystery of Yoga Therapy with Stephanie Quirk Recorded at Marrickville Yoga Centre in 2019.
Download Transcript of the talk here.
- What Is Iyengar Yoga – Marrickville Yoga Centre
- Understanding Iyengar Yoga from Pixie Lillas at Balmain Iyengar Yoga School
- Why do we focus so much on standing poses in Iyengar Yoga? From Ballarat Iyengar Yoga
- Restorative Asanas for Men by Geeta Iyengar
- The Knee by Alan Goode from Yoga Mandir, discusses structure of Knee & asanas for various benefits
- Teaching Therepeutic Yoga Recent interview with Stephanie Quirk, Courtesy of “Dipika” vol.49 (2017), Journal of the Iyengar Yoga Institute, London Maida Vale.
- Yamas & Niyamas: Training Principles not Commandments by Stephanie Quirk, Courtesy of “Samachar” Spring/Summer 2018, The Iyengar Yoga National Association of the US.
- An Interview with BKS Iyengar on Backbends A transcribed interview with BKS Iyengar in 1991 from a Back Bends intensive.
- Menstruation PDF sequence download of menstruation series as taught by Geeta & BKS Iyengar.
- The Practice of Women During the Whole Month by Geeta Iyengar
- Why are we concerned about menstruation in Iyengar yoga? Includes menstruation sequence from Ballarat Iyengar Yoga
- Emotional Stability A sequence that Guruji put together to develop emotional stability.
- Restorative A sequence by Bobby Clennel
- Foundation Sequence A solid foundation sequence with a brief explanation of sanskrit names from Balmain Iyengar Yoga Studio.
- Iyengar Yoga Therapy for Chronic Back Pain Information & asana suggestions from The National Association of the USA
- Level One Home Practice,
Level Two Home Practice,
Level Three Home Practice,
Level Four Home Practice Series of Home Practice Sheets from the Iyengar Yoga Institute of New York.
- Yoga in the Sky Iyengar Yoga Poses that help to lessen the side-effects of (long-distance) travel from the Iyengar Yoga Institute of Berlin
- Men’s Restorative Sequence designed by Simon.
- Petra’s Back Bend Sequence
- Immune Sequence
- Yoga for Teens Sequence
- Yoga for Kids Sequence
- Standing Poses
Articles & Interviews with Stephanie Quirk.
Listen to Stephanie Quirk in Conversation with Bhakti Mathur.
First aired on April 22nd 2018, on RTHK – Hong Kong. In their Cultural Programme titled : CIBS Programme：CULTURAL DIMSUM 9
Links to both Iyengar Associations & Websites of Knowledgeable influential practitioners:
- Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI) Official BKS Iyengar Website
- BKS Iyengar Yoga Association of Australia Official website for the Australian Association
- The Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States Official website for the US Association
- BKS Iyengar Yoga Teachers’ Association (UK) Official website for UK Association
- Iyengar Yoga Association of New Zealand Official website for NZ Association
- Iyengar Yoga Association of Greater New York Official website for New York & Brooklyn
- Lois Steinberg Official website of Lois Steinberg, including upcoming workshop schedule
- Stephanie Quirk Official website of Stephanie Quirk, includes upcoming workshop schedule.
- Iyoga Props Australian Supplier of Iyengar Yoga props & equipment.
Black and White Photos from RIMYI in the early ’70s courtesy of Julia Pedersen.