1. What’s your favourite thing to do outside of the yoga studio?
It’d have to be swimming in the ocean with the kids. Particularly at Clovelly, probably the best swimming beach in Sydney!
2. Are you a full-time yoga teacher? What did you do before?
I’ve been a full-time yoga teacher for about 15 years now. Before this I worked as a photographer. Before that I studied to be a physical education teacher and trained athletes for a living.
3. What was the last great film you saw or music you listened to?
At this point in my life I don’t really have much time to explore music or movies – thanks kids! When I do get a chance, I like listening to dub and reggae music, which I got into when I was living in South London. Getting into good TV series can be great – the last one I really enjoyed recently was the Wire.
4. What’s one habit you’d really like to quit?
Ha! I’m sure my partner Hasu could name a few habits she’d like me to quit, but I’m not going to incriminate myself!
5. If you had one piece of advice for someone interested in improving their yoga practice, what would it be?
Practice, practice, practice. No matter how difficult things might seem. Yoga can have an incredibly positive effect on a person’s life, mentally, physically and emotionally. The main thing that’s required is to persevere and to stick with it.