Beginners Yoga Courses
New to yoga, or new to Marrickville Yoga Centre? Try our Beginner's Pass.
The Beginners Yoga Pass is for yoga beginners or those that want to gain a foundation in Iyengar yoga. Every 6 weeks, we commence a New Beginners Yoga Course, which aims to introduce you to yoga, with lots of guidance and support. During your 6 weeks, you can come to as many beginners classes as you would like to.
Our Direct Debit system offers you the easiest, and most affordable way to get all the health and fitness yoga benefits...by regular practice. The more classes you do, the more you save!
You can authorise a regular direct debit from your debit or credit card, or your Bank.
Our Red Concession pass is perfect for full time students and those on low incomes. Practice daily with unlimited classes for $30 a week.
Things to consider before signing up:
- Direct debit memberships must be for a minimum of 3 months.
- We can suspend your pass when you go away for up to 4 times a year.
- For additional classes attended which exceed the included Pass limit of any Pass, the cost is $19 payable at the time of class attendance
- If you miss a class, you are welcome to make this up at a time that suits you, however, students are responsible for tracking & making up their own classes. You can track this using PunchPass. You cannot pause your direct debit to use make ups you have accrued.
How to sign up for direct debit:
- Choose your pass from the options below, depending on the amount of yoga you want to do each week.
- Click to "Sign-Up" download the direct debit form.
- Complete the form, sign it and scan and email it to email@example.com - or just drop it in next time you are at the Centre.
- Alternatively, just pop by and see us at the Centre. We would be more than happy to help you get started!
Casual Class $23
Casual Concession Class $18* (full time students and Pension Card holders)
Beginners Casual Class $20
Thursday Yoga Therapy Class $55 **bookings required
In-Depth Yoga Study Course
Taking place over eight weekends throughout the year, the In-Depth Yoga Study Course is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, enrich your practice, and take a step further in your personal journey of self-discovery.
This one-year course focuses upon developing a deep understanding of the practice of asana and pranayama, which is strongly underpinned by an exploration of yoga philosophy throughout each weekend. This course forms the first year of training for those pursuing yoga teaching.
Click here for more course details and payment options.
Teacher Development Workshops
A series of weekend workshops by Simon Joannou for certified teachers and previous trainees who wish to further explore their teaching skills and who may also be planning to upgrade their certification.
The purpose of the workshops is to familiarise teachers with the syllabus for their chosen levels for practice and teaching purposes . We will also look at practically different aspects of teaching, observation, hands on adjusting and communication. Teachers will be teaching to each other in a supportive environment with feedback from Simon.
For certified Iyengar teachers and previous teacher training students .